For our Project Management Office in Duisburg, we are looking for the next possible date for an PMO Manager.
The Global Transformation team drives the strategy implementation while translating the strategic goals into a walkable path and concrete actions. As a member of the transformation team, you will work with a fast-paced team, partnering with business leaders and departments to guide global projects that prepare our company for the future.
An ideal candidate wants to deep dive into how a company operates, learn its processes, and best practices, and understand how the portfolio of selected projects will bring the organization to the next level. This PMO Manager will act as the central point of contact for project managers and sponsors while working cross-functionally to build and support global projects.
We are looking for someone with a depth of experience in project management, strong analytical thinking, ability to navigate through ambiguity, and adapt with agility.
Your main responsibilities:
- Work closely together with the Chief Transformation Officer to develop and deliver the project portfolio to push the transformation of our company and prepare us for the future
- Steer the global portfolio in close cooperation with project managers and important stakeholders and monitor the projects’ progress
- Translate market and business analyses into business cases and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets to launch new projects
- Central point for data analysis and tracking of our projects: maintain and improve the consistency, predictability, and efficiency of project delivery performance through monitoring project progress and alerting stakeholders to delays and required mitigating
- Create strong working relationships with key stakeholders, anticipate and engage their needs, both short and long term, to drive efficiencies along with consistent delivery of processes and tooling (Smartsheet).
- Take the lead: drive your own projects and contribute as a team member to big projects and programs
- Successfully completed studies (preferably master’s degree) in business, engineering, or a technical discipline
- At least 5-7 years proven track records in leading complex programs involving the coordination and delivery of multiple projects. Consulting experience is preferred.
- At least 3 years proven track records in a PMO for mid-large companies while setting up governance and project portfolio management frameworks, preferably within the transformation or post-merger integration context.
- Proven track records in analysing complex problems and successfully adapting practical and pragmatic solutions.
- An adaptable and hands-on approach, with the ability to provide uplift within the portfolio environment; able to develop project roadmaps, business cases and elaborate resource budgets.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to enable the post-holder to develop and maintain good and robust working relationships, specially while partnering or coaching senior stakeholders
- Ambitious, entrepreneurial mindset, pragmatic, highly analytical, and able to quickly deal with escalations
- Excellent English and German communication skills, both verbally and written.
What we offer:
- Room to manoeuvre in an international and future-oriented business, where you quickly take on responsibility, using your competency and strengths
- Long-term cooperation and development prospects with a performance-related salary,
- Vacation pay and voluntary social benefits
- Professional and personal support via task- and target-oriented training offers, being part of a well-structured personal development plan
- Excellent working atmosphere, based on respect, appreciation, and trust
- Free water & coffee as well as a very good local canteen
Are you interested? We look forward to meeting you! Please submit your online application including your CV and cover letter in English. Please specify your salary expectations and your earliest possible starting date.
ELG Haniel GmbH