ELG is a world leader in the trading, processing, and recycling of raw materials for the stainless-steel industry, as well as high performance materials such as superalloys, titanium, and carbon fibres. At more than 50 locations in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South Africa, more than 1,300 ELG employees set standards in terms of service, competence, and quality to the satisfaction of customers and suppliers. With sales of around € 1.8 billion, the ELG Haniel Group is a major division of Haniel, one of Germany's largest privately family owned holding companies.
The ELG Haniel GmbH based in Duisburg acts as a management holding company of the domestic and foreign subsidiaries in 19 countries. For the Strategy and Governance team of our group-wide IT Organization we are looking for the next possible date for a Manager IT Governance, Controlling and Project Portfolio.
Your main responsibilities:
- Support the definition and implementation of an IT governance framework including policies and guidelines
- Overall responsibility for IT controlling including planning, monitoring and quarterly forecasting of IT spent and budget
- Definition, implementation, and management of an IT costing model for service calculation and cross-charging with the ELG group
- Responsible for contract and license management
- Management of the IT project portfolio to ensure fit with Business and IT Strategy in strong collaboration with the Business Transformation Office
- Ensure transparency of project portfolio regarding time, cost, and quality
- Master or bachelor’s degree in computer science, Business Administration, or related area
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience, preferably international experience
- Requires a combination of very good business and IT skills
- Profound knowledge in the areas of IT Contract and License Management, IT Controlling and IT Cost Management (e.g. TBM)
- Knowledge of setting up guidelines and a governance structure to monitor IT contracts and licenses
- Knowledge of IT process and governance standards (ITIL, COBIT, etc.)
- Knowledge of project and portfolio management standards (e.g. PMI, Prince2)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in German and English
- High motivation to become acquainted with new topics and job requirements
- High sense of responsibility and high degree of autonomous work
- High degree of personal initiative, flexibility, commitment, and thorough working style
- Experience with Microsoft office tools and preferably Microsoft Power Platform and SmartSheet
What we offer:
- Room for maneuver in an international and future-oriented business area where you can
take on responsibility as quickly as possible.
- Long-term cooperation and good development prospects with a performance-related salary, vacation pay and voluntary social benefits.
- Professional and personal support through task and goals as guidelines in the framework for personnel development.
- Meal subsidy in our local canteen with wide selection of dishes as well as low-calorie drinks, coffee, and tea.
- Short distances not only because of the free parking spaces.
- Excellent working atmosphere based on a respectful, appreciative, and trust-based approach.
Are you interested? We look forward in meeting you! Please submit your online application including your CV and covering letter in English.