Darlaston, United Kingdom
An exciting opportunity has arisen based at our expanding facility in Darlaston, West Midlands for an Operations Assistant. The successful candidate will hold high levels of responsibility in assisting our dynamic Team in a wide variety of tasks. With opportunities for personal development, working
closely with our UK & Global network.
As a face of the Company and you will be the first point of contact for all visitors and suppliers to site and this role is ideal for an energetic, innovative and driven individual to make their mark on the Metals Recycling Industry.
Key duties will include but not limited to:
- Providing primary support for the Operations Management Team
- Administer and co-ordinate of all weighbridge functions, including incoming/outgoing material using ERP software and ELG’s own Digital Operation software
- Assistance in compiling essential Month End reporting figures
- Managing the Visitor & Contractor Induction System, ensuring all visitors & contractors receive an induction and are controlled, as per our control of contractors’ procedure
- Offering Commercial Assistance in the processing of Supplier settlements
- Ensure efficient traffic flow and traffic management
- Daily liaising with the UK Logistics Management Team
- Scheduling daily vehicles
- Playing a key role in the booking of vehicles
- To record, manage & maintain all Operational records.
- Liaise with the UK Facilities Manager, in ordering all sundry supplies and consumables
- Filing and office administration
Previous experience within the industry advantageous but not essential. Training will be given as part of a complete UK business enhancement programme.
Competitive Salary & Benefits, dependent upon experience with excellent opportunities for further development.
All interested applicants to submit CV & Covering Letter to ELG Haniel Metals Ltd HR Manager Sue Perks –